Thursday, June 26, 2008

Search Engine Optimization Project

I have just started my first optimizations for somebody elses website. My friends web-site was originally http://www.pci.cx. The cx indicates Christmas Island, which wasn't so hot for Australian searches. I think Christmas Island was where the spammers go not to be found.
The domain name is one of the key areas to get right for search engine optimization. If a search term is in your domain you get a lot of extra brownie points.

His company (Premier Commercial Interiors) does office fit outs and refurbishments. The first think I did was get them a new domain name. To show up in Google searches the best thing is to use the product or service in the name rather than the business name. I registered www.OfficeFitOutsSydney.com.au for them.
The next is to do some changes to their main page and to get some external links.

No comments: